Here’s the most perfect strawberry smoothie you’ll find! It’s easy to blend up and has the best creamy texture and fruity flavor.
Have you met a perfect strawberry smoothie? Smoothies aren’t as easy to throw together it seems. UFABET, you can throw random fruit and yogurt in the blender and whiz it up. But for the perfect creamy texture and the perfect just sweet enough fruit flavor? You’ve got to know something about smoothies. Alex and I have finally found our perfect strawberry smoothie recipe, which is below. Make it, memorize it, and make a perfect healthy smoothie on repeat!
What makes it a perfect strawberry smoothie?
Alex and I have been cooking for years and have a vegetarian cookbook under our belt, have mastered techniques like sourdough bread and pizza and lots of cocktails. So we decided: why not master smoothies? We started with this strawberry smoothie recipe. Here’s what it’s perfect, to us:
- Light and creamy texture. It’s easy for smoothies to turn out too icy or thick. This one is light and creamy, with just the right icy and airy texture.
- Subtly sweet, fruity flavor. Flavor is the variable: often smoothies are too bitter or overly sweet. It’s also easy to cover up the “signature” flavor. This strawberry smoothie is lightly sweet, with just the right berry essence.
Ingredients for this strawberry smoothie
Here’s what you’ll need to make this strawberry smoothie! Alex and I were careful to choose healthy ingredients for this smoothie: no overly sugary juices or syrups. Here’s what we selected:
- Frozen strawberries: It’s easy to find and store frozen berries, and they add a great icy texture to this smoothie. If you want to use fresh berries, use a frozen banana.
- Fresh banana: Our pet peeve is smoothie recipes that call for frozen bananas, because we never keep them on hand! Usually we want a smoothie recipe now. So we customized this one to use a fresh banana.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives this recipe a protein boost and helpful probiotics. (If you love yogurt you could add a touch more.) It also makes for a perfect creamy texture.
- Ice: Here’s the most important part — ice is essential to a perfect strawberry smoothie! It makes just the right frothy texture. We’ve tried it without and it really makes a difference. Do not omit it!
- Milk: You need just the right amount of liquid in a smoothie to get it to blend. Not enough and the blender gets stuck (the worst!), and too much it tastes milky. You can also use non-dairy (see below).
- Maple syrup: Adding a hint of maple brings out the sweetness in the berries. If you eat a low sugar diet you could omit, but it doesn’t quite taste sweet enough with no sweetener.